Data mining is a multi industry type of service. You can find highly trained and experienced data science consultants working in a multitude of different industries. Data science consulting services include many different facets and can include services such as assessments to determine your needs, trainings to manage data science, trainings to manage other areas such as data science tools and the model development process as well as the model implementation process.
Data science analysts will also perform duties that will work towards executing and implementing a project science plan that was determined from the original assessment or a previous assessment. They can also work with capability development and coaching as well as business intelligence projects and decision analysis projects.
When it comes to the industries or verticals that benefit from data science analysis, there are many different verticals that benefit from data mining. Listed here are several industries and verticals that work to improve and come up with new solutions through the use of data analysis consulting.
1. Healthcare. One type of vertical that is highly benefited from data analysis consulting is the field of healthcare. Healthcare analytics help to improve overall hospital operations as well as improving patient management, clinical experiences and overall management analytics as well as revenue and public health sectors.
2. Financial services. Within the financial services sector, you can find information and analytic options surrounding many different aspects of finance such as marketing, pricing, compliance, collection, and risk management.
3. Manufacturing. Manufacturing analytics offers solutions everywhere from the operational side of things on the factory floor to the prediction of materials and equipment used to the supply chain.
4. Telecommunications. The telecommunications industry benefits from data science analytics and data mining in a wide variety of ways including the use of analytics through networks, sales, marketing, and customer centric aspects such as profitability analysis and behavioral modeling.
5. Agriculture. Agricultural analysis can be done on a few things within the field of agriculture. You can find analysis opportunities in the environmental aspect such as chemical optimization and water usage reduction as well as the yield aspect such as predictive weather modeling and competitive intelligence. Another aspect of the field of agriculture that can be analyzed with data science is the distribution. The distribution includes logistic optimization and predictive weather modeling.
6. Utilities. Utilities offer a lot of analytic options in the data science realm including analytics surrounding energy such as the monitoring and predictions of consumption. Other analytics surrounding utilities include asset management such as managing smart devices and diagnostics. Customer behavior can also be analyzed through data science methods and can look for things such as predicting monthly usages.
As you can see, there are many different verticals that can be used with data science consulting firms. One of the best firms that offers a great deal of experience and a plethora of knowledge with multiple verticals is Mosaic Data Science. At Mosaic Data Science, you will find the trusted professionals that have a lot of experience with determining your exact needs in the realm of data mining.