If you are looking to make your home more eco-friendly, then there are many steps that you can take in order to reduce your carbon footprint at the same time, such as residential solar panels. Reducing your carbon footprint is important as you will want to be sure that you are reducing your greenhouse gas emissions and utilizing clean energy whenever possible. You can always take simple steps as well as slightly more time consuming steps that will make your home more eco-friendly. Some of these will even increase the value of your home at the same time.
Listed here are the top ten steps that you can take in order to make your home more eco-friendly:
- Replace your lightbulbs. When you choose to replace your lightbulbs with bulbs that are florescent, then you are choosing to make a large energy-saving difference.
- Utilize bamboo! This is the fastest growing plant and can be used to build things in your home, such as your flooring and furniture!
- Turn down your thermostat. When you choose to turn down your thermostat even by only a few degrees, then you will be saving a lot of energy and will reduce your carbon footprint (as well as your energy bill!)
- Clean your home with vinegar. You can always choose to make your own home cleaning products using vinegar, lemon and a few essential oils. This will reduce the amount of chemicals that you are introducing into your home.
- Wash your own dishes! You can also help the environment and use less electricity whenever you wash your own dishes rather than use the dishwasher. You can also make a difference when you choose to only run the dishwasher when it is full.
- Add solar panels to your roof. When you choose to add home solar panels to your home, then you will generate energy that produces no emissions from greenhouse gas! This is important as you will want to lesson your impact on the environment and your carbon footprint and this is a very important way to do it. You will also increase the value of your home when you choose to do this.
- Get houseplants. When you choose to purchase houseplants for your home, then you will improve the air quality all over your home.
- Use energy efficient windows and window coverings. You can also use less energy and save more money on your heating and cooling bills when you choose to use energy efficient windows for your home. This will ensure that your windows will keep in as much heat and cool air as possible.
- Use a low-flow toilet. There are toilets that use less water when flushing which is important as toilets use 30 percent of your indoor water use.
- Hang up your clothes. When you choose to get rid of your dryer, then you will also save money as well as help out the environment while using less energy!
As you can see, there are many ways to make your home more eco-friendly. You can contact the experts at Lifetime Solar Solutions if you want to learn more about residential solar panels.