Finding the right digital marketing agency for your company is no small task. Studies show that a robust online marketing campaign is one the most important components to a company’s growth and success, meaning it is highly important that you choose the right team to lead your marketing and outreach efforts. Since online marketing is so important, you will likely want to get a team who can hit the ground running right away, but do not be too hasty in your decision, because a bad choice can seriously affect or even hurt your brand. Here is an easy process to follow when looking for a digital marketing agency.
- Get referrals- If you own your own company, you have likely built up a network of other business owners and people in your industry that you trust. They will be your best course of action when determine a short list of companies that do good marketing work. If you have a business mentor who has been through this process before, find out who they talked to, hired and what the experience was like. If they have a few recommendations, you will at least have a short list of people to contact and research.
- Read the reviews- If you have received recommendations from a friend, you should then take to the internet to read reviews, but this is also a good tactic for someone who has not gotten a referral. If you are going into the process blind, start with a quick online search. A good digital marketing company will have an excellent internal SEO strategy which will make them easy to find. Read reviews to find out who in your area is worth meeting with.
- Dig into portfolios- Many marketing agencies will have portfolios online featuring some of the work they have done for other companies and organizations. Make sure to look through these and see what kind of work they are capable of. Especially keep an eye out for work they have done with similar companies or in similar industries. You will also want to make sure the level of creativity they have matches what you are looking for. You will also get an idea for overall vibe, and whether or not it is a fit for your business.
- Set up meetings- Once you have a few companies you like, set up meetings whether in person or on the phone. It is highly important they you get along with your marketing team and feel you can be honest and communicative with them. Without a solid relationship and communication, you will not get good ideas out of the team and they will not understand what it is you need and want.
- Ask for proposals- Ask your potential team for a proposal in which they break down pricing and some of the ideas and strategy they would suggest for you and your business based on their initial research and meeting with you. The proposals you get from teams will ultimately be the best resource for making your decision because they will give you the best idea of what an agency like Newton Design and Marketing could do for your company and brand.